Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Rainbow Connection

It is SNOWING IN PARIS! I walked downstairs this morning and just stopped and stared in awe. It is gorgeous outside. The flakes are huge and white and are swirling slowly around the square in what appears to be a perfect dance. People on the street are all bundled up yet still effortlessly exude swanky couture. How lucky am I to be living in this Parisian snow globe?!

I am convinced that the snow is falling in celebration of MOVING DAY!! Yes this American girl is moving out of the hotel this afternoon and into her very own apartment. I don’t think that I am going to be able to express in words the accomplishment that I feel about finding a place to live. I equate it to giving birth or winning an Olympic medal… hey it’s my world, let me have my moment. While our apartment is a tiny little nook of a space, I am convinced that in Manhattan they would throw a wall up, advertise it as a true two bedroom, and charge a fortune for it. I am in Paris…this apartment will serve as a place to sleep and store my stuff. Plus I recently informed my roommate that if I was to become a true Parisian I would have to perfect the big teased hair look, ie shower less. I am convinced that with less washing and some major product, it is obtainable. If I come back bald, you will know that I lost my battle with the round brush.

So now that we have found an apartment I can focus on the real goal at hand ... GETTING INTO PARIS FASHION WEEK! Or should I say sneaking into Paris Fashion Week. Short of befriending Rachel “That’s Bananas!” Zoe (I die!) or stalking Carl Lagerfeld, I really have no idea how to begin this quest. I might have to begin working the corners of avenue des Champs Elysées but as the Vanderbilt Career Center has taught me you must make sacrifices in pursuit of your goal.

The Rainbow Connection is streaming through the speakers in the café as I sip my cappuccino. How right he was… the lovers, the dreamers, and me...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow in Paris...how splendid. Thinking about having champagne and crepes for breakfast. Moving day here as well...only I am doing it on the treadmill. Your apartment will be perfect...it is just a place to rest up before your next amazing adventure. I wonder if Kermit has ever been to Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An Apartment!! HOORAY!! Can you pretend you're on the next season of Project Runway? Make it work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING your posts! You are a fabulous writer and have a serious talent should you not pursue the fashion world. Have a cozy night in your new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad we've taught you such a great life lesson! Chapin just tuned me into your blog. I'm loving every vicarious minute of reading and I am green with jealousy!

    ReplyDelete