Thursday, January 7, 2010

Speedy 35

I have officially stumbled upon the 8th Wonder of the World. Parisian women do not get cold. Tights with a jean mini and stiletto boots in a snowstorm…the obvious choice. I haven’t officially confirmed it, but that delicate pout the graces the faces of the Parisian women (I am currently working on perfecting my own) probably means “I am f*cking freezing and my feet hurt but I will not surrender. Hermes. Chanel. Couture. Focus you pansy.”

In other couture news, I have reached the Promised Land! With metro map in her hand, Nikes on her feet, and a look of extreme determination on her face, this American girl found the Louis Vuitton flagship store. Cue the angelic music and streaming lights. Five floors of brown and gold goodness. It was like a leather patisserie with two giant men in sunglasses guarding the door. The only thing that stood between me and Louis was my grande Starbucks cappuccino. It even had skim milk which I haven’t been able to find since I got here. Talk about a huge dilemma. Starting to sweat from the pressure, I surrendered the coffee and burst through the door like a person with a paycheck. Cue the music again.

I almost broke into a run…that would definitely have been frowned upon. Even the LV fanny pack looked enticing in this light. That’s how good it really was. I was nervous as I reached out and touched the Monogram Vernis Speedy 35. I kept looking around waiting for someone to smack my hand away. They were watching me like they knew that I wasn’t one of them. It was my Pretty-est Woman moment. My inner diva kept screaming “You were born to carry the Damier Ebene Canvas clutch” while my wallet was tasering my love handle from inside my coat pocket. Defeated I left empty handed. For today. You may be quick, but you will be mine Speedy 35.

10 comments:

  1. Forget the shoes...can you please bring me back the XL Surya in Black Patent Leather? Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggest you lose the Nikes, get a pair of high top Cons (in lime green) and perfect your pout before you return to make your LV purchase...otherwise they may charge you extra for that Speedy 35...and your father cannot afford to "exchange" any more dollars!

    PS...do not get me a fanny pack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect you had to refrain from rubbing "soft" things on your face which must have been difficult for you as I know you love to fondle the soft and cuddly when shopping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you fret little one.....Your Big Poppa in the states (that would be your Uncle Rob) who has got some extra cash since the Spunk's renovation is almost complete, has just popped the idea of visiting you while in the "City of Light". I'm sure, you can encourage your RUR to visit the store with you, of course you will be gracious and indulge him the opportunity to speak the native tongue with the sales hostess as your purchase is packed up for your travels home. Warm thoughts to you,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there is any question about your RUR's sexuality, be reassured he doesn't know what a Speedy 35 is, but would like too.
    Also, he's such a snob, he wants to know which arrondisement you are in..He can't stay too far from the city centre during the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Claudia you make me laugh! I am sure we can make some sort of arrangement regarding the Speedy... I may just start making a list of sites (stores) to take RUR to practice his French. I am in the 10th/11th arrondisement. Right off the square with the big statue in Place de La Republique. Can you please please please come visit? I would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For RUR and all of you fashion neophytes (myself included)..please see below a link to the LV site and a picture of the Speedy 35. Rest assured...if you have ever been to the Short Hills Mall in NJ or have watched an episode of the critically claimed new show...Housewives of Anywhere Tacky, USA...you will recognize it instantly as the "bag of choice" for serious fashionistas.

    http://www.louisvuitton.com/us/flash/index.jsp?direct1=home_entry_us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops...critically acclaimed...although no one on the show would have noticed my typo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reviewing your mom's link, I now know why I am unfamilar with the Speedy 35. Your RUR keeps me on a tight leash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are thinking maybe end of February or beginning of March for a visit.

    ReplyDelete